Monday, January 7, 2008

Diamond in the sky...

James Blunt released a beautiful song about nostalgia called 1973...Im sure many of you have heard it and no doubt its probably affected many of you the way it affected me..
'and as time goes by I will always be in a club with you in 1973'
Regardless of who the mystery Simone is, whether a lover, a mentor perhaps or a spiritual fun crusader in an era where the world was still backlashing against the aftermath of tragedies that had happened halfway across the world in Vietnam...the point is this..
Memories and moments are all we have...invoking the spirit of laughter..times of passion...bittersweet melancholy..daring adventurous challenges that weve faced...places weve been to...and the people who happen to share our moments make remembrance so much more...
Looking back through my time I realize that I am richer than I ever could imagine...Its the most beautiful thing to follow your own path...because the nostalgia that remains is yours...from your moments...your choices...to the chosen ones by fate whose own paths are destined to cross yours...all that is yours...and I choose to celebrate that humbly...because its made me all what I am today..
Today I am richer because of the people who have crossed my life and taught me some of the most important lessons I have ever learned by generously sharing with me the different journeys life has taken them on...
Today I am richer because over the years I established a network of friends who have seen me fall..seen me smile and still love the person I am...
I am richer because I understand pain and adversity but I have never allowed that to embitter me....rather it gives a push to be a better doctor and to empathize and be supportive with friends,loved ones and people I meet...at the end of the day everyone needs to feel understood...validated....and through that I get to understand myself better.
Im not perfect...far from it in fact..as TheNormal sees it, lool Im a 'Melancholic Vampire'...
Vampire or not, tonight Im going to unwind and relax and and allow the flashbacks and ghosts of the past to visit me and comfort me, I need to be soothed tonight..
After all..nostalgia is mine.

In loving memory of JD, My diamond in the sky...
Heres looking at you kid..Wish you were here

No comments: